My Poetry

June 5, 2012

O Happy Day, Happy Day! I'll never be the same...

My parents were talking about paying for college tonight and of course I got into a bad mood. Hearing how much money we'll have to pay makes me feel guilty and angry; obviously I blame myself for the amount of money owed. I get angry that I don't have more shifts and can't earn more money...blah blah blah. I did what I often do when I'm upset; I go on a walk. As I was walking (more like storming) around my neighborhood, listening to my iPod, this song came on :

                                       

It made me realize how silly it was to get so upset over something so temporary. It also reminded me of something I once heard quoted "Let nothing so sadden you that you forget the joy of that first Easter." Don't let the devil overtake your heart by earthly cares because your joy is in Someone unchanging.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment