My Poetry

October 17, 2013

Lapse

I was looking through my drafts on this blog and I found an old poem I had began and never finished.


The darkest of my days, still light me reaches,
The coldest of my nights, warmth 'round me wraps.
The longest, endless road still I do travel 
And into mindless trudge again do lapse.



But broken! Piercing, penetrating light
Snaps me from my slumbering gait.
This way -- not waste nor worthless --
Is precious: My soul will better make.



Writing this poem I tried to get across my own spiritual journey. Often times I numb out and zone out. When I'm broken and upset, His comfort still reaches me but often eventually I slip down into a spiritual dryness. Christ always snaps me back. His love is fierce, piercing and relentless. This life, no matter how awful it may seem, is such a wonderful journey of purgation, training and sanctification. 

1 comment: