My Poetry

August 23, 2012

Who Is Best Off?

Today I moved in to my dorm, found out how much I really do dislike new settings, and was reminded that God really will take care of me. The task of moving into my dorm stressed me out and even after I was all unpacked I was still uncomfortable, then my parents left, I had to fill out more paper work and I was on the verge of tears "What am I thinking!? I can't do this!" I felt panicked, scared and upset; so much so that I couldn't face the cafeteria for dinner but instead went one of the smaller chapels on campus to pray. 
This chapel is quite tiny so it's rare to find it empty, but, lo and behold, I opened the door and found it empty. Just me and Him; close and intimate. I almost started crying out of relief. For some reason I had been not turning to God in prayer at all the past few weeks but that time in adoration made me feel like the prodigal son; I was home, I had returned, I was accepted. I cried during most of my time in the chapel but it was good. 
I went to adoration a second time in the dorm chapel and, while I didn't spend a long time, I found even more comfort:

"You are wretched wherever you are and no matter which way you turn - unless your turning is to God. Why are you easily upset just because things do not go your way?
Who is there that gets his or her own way all the time? Neither you, nor I, nor anybody for there is no one in this world without troubles or difficulties whether that person is a king or the Pope. Who is best off? Only the one who is willing to suffer something for the love God."
- The Imitation of Christ, Thomas A. Kempis

Sweet Love, I offer to you my every fear about this up coming school year. You have a plan for me and You have given me just a taste of the blessings and growth that You grant through this school. I offer my stress, my nervousness and my lack of comfort. This is for You - it's all for You. My Love, how beautiful You are!

No comments:

Post a Comment