My Poetry

August 8, 2011

Just a thought.

I went to confession at the Fest yesterday and it was the first time I've ever had a priest talk to me for a long time during confession. He was talking about how it's good to have a quote or saying to repeat to yourself when you're feeling down. He said his was a short prayer thanking God for the wondrous creation of himself. When he said that it really surprised me. At first I thought it sounded really prideful. But when I was thinking about it, it obviously isn't. Each and every person is a creation of God's and therefore is wonderfully made. To say otherwise would imply that God carelessly created a person or just created at random which be an insult to God. Today I found this verse and thought it went along really well:

"I praise You, so wonderfully You made me; wonderful are Your works!" - Psalm 139:14. 

If every time I felt bad about myself I thought of that I think it would help me do something constructive (like praying) to better myself rather than giving up and doing something destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment